Spellbinders ‘With Love’ Card Project
Spellbinders ‘With Love’ Card
We have a new card project for you to try – a lilac ‘with love’ card made from Spellbinders Shapeabilities dies.
Click here to download a free project sheet for this card.
Full instructions are also printed below:
To make this card, you will need the following items…
- 2 A4 sheets of Coconut White Card
- 2 A4 sheets pale lilac card
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities Dies:
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities Jewelled Flowers S5-143
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Framed Tags S5-128
- Grand Calibur or similar
- 3 small organza flowers
- Rule with holes and pricking tool
These are the instructions for it
- Score and fold one of the white pieces of card in the centre and fold to make A5 portrait.
- Cut a piece of lilac card to 7 3/4” x 5 ½” and pierce round the outside about ¼” from the edge using the hole guide on your rule and the pricking tool. It is a good idea to either put your card on an old mouse mat, or on several layers of paper.
- Cut a piece of coconut white card to 4 ½” x 7”, score round the 4 sides to make’ tram lines’.
- Cut and emboss 6 of the largest flowers and three of the small ones and two large swirls from your lilac card together with the butterfly and the label from the fancy framed tags.
- Centre the small piece of white card onto your lilac one and stick both to your main card.
- Taking your flowers one at a time gently curl the petal of the larger ones with the blade of a pair of scissors, the smaller flowers pinch the petals in half and gently persuade upwards. Using either the palm of your hand or a piece of thick foam take each petal one at a time and gently work the ball tool into the centre of the flower to shape them.
- Put your petals in groups of three, two large and one small, and with your pricking tool make a hole in the centre of each one, thread one of your organza flowers through the centre, using a spot of Cosmic Shimmer Glue between each layer. Cut off the excess stem and fold underneath.
- You are ready to assemble after you have stamped your sentiment onto your tag.
- Place the swirls and the flowers on the card as shown, you will need quite a strong glue for the flowers, silicon glue was used in the example. Fix the butterfly by his body only and gently lift the wings. The sentiment tag was fixed by foam pads lifting it in the centre to make a ‘bridge’.
- A small pearl on the butterfly body matches the pearls in the centre of the flowers.
If you have enjoyed this card project please spread the word and share it by using one of the buttons below.
This entry was posted in Card Projects
and tagged Shapeabilities
. Bookmark the permalink